Let's cook - Kitchen Workshop
KITCHEN WORKSHOP in 3º ESO. English Language.
The history of muffins:
A muffin is a type of sweet cake that is baked in portions appropriate for a person. They are similar to cupcakes but they are usually less sweet and lack of decoration.
There are many varieties such us low fat and flavor muffins made with specific ingredients: in England it is very traditional to try blueberry muffins, chocolate muffins, raspberry, cinnamon, nut, lemon, vainilla, almond and even carrots. They are usually served for breakfast and tea or other meals. They are delicious!!!
Firstly, we are going to use the measure of a yoghourt.
-3 measures of flour.
-2 measures of sugar.
-1 measure of olive oil or melted butter. Personally, I prefer butter for baking muffins.
-3 large eggs.
- 1 Greek yoghourt (natural or lemon).
-1 teaspoon of baking powder.
-Chocolate chips/ nuts/ some fruit…. To add.
1. First, preheat the oven. (180º degrees)
2. The first step is to mix the sugar and the eggs. You have to mix them well till it becomes thick and pale and doubles its volume.
3. Add the yoghourt ( heavy milk is also good), the olive oil, the vanilla flavour and mix till it is all incorporated.
4. Secondly, mix all the dry ingredients: the flour, the baking powder and a pinch of salt.
5. Mix all the dry ingredients with the previous mixture. Do not overmix because the secret to have good muffins is not to overmix the mixture. This step is very important to get sponged and fantastic muffins.
6. Once you have the mixture well incorporated, you have to keep it into the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
7. Do not forget to add some chocolate chips to the dough if you wish. They will be delicious!! Some nuts or some cut fruit (strawberries for example or some dry blueberries) will be so good !!
8. Then fill the muffin molds ( I like to use “flan” molds) and get it into the oven for about 15-18 minutes
9. Let them cool and enjoy with tea, coffee or whatever you want. They are soooo good!!